About Me

My name is Coco Fitterman and I am a poet and doctoral student in the Department of Comparative Literature. I published my first chapbook Say It With Flowers with Inpatient Press in 2017. My poetry can be found in The Brooklyn Rail, ah journal, Brand New Life Magazine, and elsewhere. Most recently, I self-published the book River Score with my collaborator Víctor Torres Rodríguez. The pdf is available to download here:

This website project was created for a fellowship funded by the Mina Rees Library at the Graduate Center, CUNY.

I created this resource guide for upper-level educators who want to incorporate experimental poetry into their syllabi. Speaking from my own experience as an academic and adjunct professor, I would love to be able to show students some of this content that I am so passionate about. My idea to create this guide came from a wish to have this information about experimental writing, which is scattered across websites like UbuWeb and PennSound, in one place that is also conscious of the type of resources it houses, to create awareness around Open Access.

My hope for this website is that it will continue to grow with the help of guest contributors, as well as my own research interests, as they may evolve in the coming years. My wish is to make experimental writing more accessible, with the hope that it can slowly creep into English and Literature classrooms, out of the shadowy margins of the internet where it lives.

Special thanks to Elvis Bakaitis and Jill Cirasella.

🙂

Read my Mission Statement